Wednesday 18 July 2018

Bird

See:

Tree
Insect
Fish

I believe that inanimate objects and plants are unconscious. Sometimes I am challenged to prove this but, of course, there is no obligation to prove a negative. The onus of proof is on anyone who asserts a positive proposition. But it is easy enough to show that there is no reason to ascribe consciousness to, e.g., a chair or a tree. And, when an electric toy soldier moves across the floor, we can account for all its movements without ascribing consciousness to the soldier itself. Therefore, we treat it as unconscious and I do not have to prove that it is.

The avatars of Tree, Insect and Fish gain most of their power to remember and articulate when they are taken into Oneness. When Tree claims to have known, he ought to mean that he knew when he was One, not before.

Next up is Bird but I am being interrupted here.

4 comments:

Sean M. Brooks said...

Kaor, Paul!

I could say, a la Bishop Berkeley, that the rock I kicked does not know it was kicked!

Sean

paulshackley2017@gmail.com said...

Sean,
Exactly.
Paul.

Sean M. Brooks said...

Kaor, Paul!

But I would know if I hurt my toes kicking that rock! (Smiles)

Sean

paulshackley2017@gmail.com said...

Indeed.