Wednesday 5 July 2017

Emberverse Theology

Let me see if I have understood it?

(i) There was a material universe that ended in heat death.

(ii) There was a second such universe but this time Mind survived.

(iii) Mind entered a third universe at its beginning.

(iv) Mind directed the evolution of this third universe and also ensured that, at the moment of its death, each living being was incorporated into Mind.

(v) Mind can manifest itself as Odin, the Goddess or the Virgin Mary.

(vi) There are disagreements within Mind.

(vii) At the human level, such disagreements are perceived as a conflict between gods and demons.

(viii) The demons seek to restore the original universe.

(ix) The gods caused the Change in order to deprive humanity of the power to destroy itself.

(x) When technological power is regained, hopefully it will be used more wisely.

(xi) Meanwhile, the gods provide a mystical Sword.

(xii) The story continues...

7 comments:

Sean M. Brooks said...

Kaor, Paul!

The impression I got, however, was that the Change was only PERMITTED, not desired, by God. And that the Power which caused the Change is not in the least friendly to mankind.

I do recall speculations along the lines of your point (ix) but I simply don't believe the TRUE God approved of the agony and anguish caused by the Change.

Sean

paulshackley2017@gmail.com said...

Sean,
But check the concluding paragraph of THE SWORD OF THE LADY, Chapter Twenty-One, p. 652.
Paul.

Sean M. Brooks said...

Kaor, Paul!

I just did. And I'm still puzzled by the conclusions you drew. The very end of that Chapter Twenty One has Rudi being granted a vision which was as agonizing to him as white fire. A vision in which Rudi KNEW something left unspecified.

Sean

paulshackley2017@gmail.com said...

Sean,
It does indeed. I don't know what that's about but my conclusions were drawn from the text as far as p. 652.
Paul.

Sean M. Brooks said...

Kaor, Paul!

The problem might be pagination. I think we have different kinds of the same book: you mass market paperback and my copy being hardcover. I may have to back track about ten pages.

Sean

paulshackley2017@gmail.com said...

Sean,
The concluding paragraph to which I refer begins, "The Mother nodded."
Paul.

Sean M. Brooks said...

Kaor, Paul!

I will be taking another look later!

Sean