Thursday 10 October 2024

Time Travel In The Misso Lounge

 

Manse Everard and Carl Farness of the Time Patrol travel from 1980 to the 1890s when a New York saloon serves a free lunch.

In Lancaster, the Misso Lounge, serving Arabic and Mediterranean foods, has had to close after just eighteen months. We ate there maybe three times. If I were a time traveller, then I would be able to go there again but not very often. I would not want to be seen too often and would not want to meet myself. I did not have a reputation for being in the place a lot. 

We did not attend the big evening feast at the end of Ramadan. I had

thought that we might do so next year but now cannot. Eugene (mentioned before) was there and said that it was good so I as a time traveller would not be able to attend except in very effective disguise.

Time Travel presents possibilities and paradoxes.

1 comment:

Sean M. Brooks said...

Kaor, Paul!

I'm sorry the Misso Lounge went out of business if you enjoyed dining there.

Ad astra! Sean