Tuesday 26 September 2017

Tech Or Trek

A visit to Andrea always generates material for blogging. Today, we watched the first two episodes of the sixth Star Trek live action TV series, Discovery.

(i) "How To Be Ethnic..." was written as a prequel to the trader team stories;
the Young Flandry Trilogy was written as a prequel to the Captain Flandry series;
Star Trek: Enterprise and Star Trek: Discovery were written as prequels to Star Trek.

(ii) Poul Anderson describes space battles whereas Star Trek shows them.

(iii) Vulcans and Chereionites are telepathic.

(iv) Klingons and Roidhunate Merseians are racial supremacists.

I advise Star Trek fans to read Anderson.

1 comment:

Sean M. Brooks said...

Kaor, Paul!

I absolutely agree! I was never a STAR TREK or STAR WARS fan. Reading masters like Anderson, Asimov, Bradbury, Clarke, Heinlein, Norton, etc., as a boy spoiled TV and movie SF for me. I kept noticing thin, shallow, and superficial they were/are compared to the masters I listed.

Sean