Saturday 12 March 2022

Da Vinci X 3

In The Door Into Summer by Robert Heinlein, Leonardo da Vinci might have been Leonard Vincent, time traveler.

In "The Light" by Poul Anderson, there is evidence that da Vinci was a space traveler.

Here is a third sf take on da Vinci:

"Using a battery of techniques, I have succeeded in fusing the two hemispheres of my brain together.
"The unimaginable power of my unconscious mind is mine to command.
"I guess the last time it happened was Leonardo da Vinci."
-Alan Grant, Batman: Anarky (London, 1999), p. 143, panel 1, captions 1-3.

Although caption 4 comments that da Vinci is not known to have donned a costume and tried to save the world, Alan Grant's version is Leonardo da Vinci, superhero.

Which do we prefer?

1 comment:

Sean M. Brooks said...

Kaor, Paul!

I'm more skeptical of such ideas as that, "merging" the two parts of the brain like that. I have my doubts about it being either practical or beneficial.

But finding out how the Leonardo Da Vinci of "The Light" got to the Moon would REALLY interest me!

Ad astra! Sean