Thursday 25 April 2024

Death And Completion

Aycharaych tells Dominic Flandry that death is a completion. See Reflections On Death

"'What did Paul Atreides tell you, woman?' he demanded...'He told you that completion equals death!' The Preacher shouted."
-Frank Herbert, Children of Dune (New York, 1977), p. 226.

So death is a completion and completion equals death? I question that second statement. I doubt that there is any connection between the two texts.

Occasionally rereading other future histories, I appreciate Poul Anderson's Technic History more by contrast. I must now complete my lunch and walk to Morecambe. We will return to Anderson's The Byworlder shortly.

1 comment:

Sean M. Brooks said...

Kaor, Paul!

Now I wonder what Frank Herbert thought of Anderson's stories?

I think only the first three DUNE books are worth reading, imo.

Ad astra! Sean