Monday 14 February 2022

Back Online

An underground cable failure has been fixed so I am back online but it will take a while to catch up with comments. I will need to continue with what I was discussing before and to articulate what I have thought meanwhile. 

It is late here so this post will not be long. I am always fascinated by the intricate structure of the first main section of Poul Anderson's Technic History -

PL: 8 installments in 4 volumes, 8 more in the Earth Book;
Ythrians: 1 novel, then 4 short stories in the Earth Book;
Other: 3 installments, 0 in the Earth Book.

Thus, this section of the History comprises 24 installments, 12 in the Earth Book. That collection contains, or conceals within itself, a second Polesotechnic League (PL) series comprising the first van Rijn short story, the first van Rijn novel, an introductory Adzel story, two pivotal trader team stories and three stories with no continuing characters.

None of this is new but I am practicing publishing a short post once again. I hope to publish more soon.

4 comments:

Sean M. Brooks said...

Kaor, Paul!

Welcome back! I'm glad the cable repairs has been completed.

While I've started rereading Anderson's "The Saturn Game," my primary focus in reading has been the massive first volume of Solzhenitsyn's MARCH 1917. Chapter by chapter I see horror and tragedy relentlessly coming to Russia.

Ad astra! Sean

paulshackley2017@gmail.com said...

Sean,

I am back but in haste this morning! Lancashire Libraries' copy of LENIN IN ZURICH may have been lost in transit. I still have not received it.

Paul.

Sean M. Brooks said...

Kaor, Paul!

Dang, it should not be that hard to borrow a book! I look forward to any comments you care to make about it when you finally do get LENIN IN ZURICH.

Ad astra! Sean

S.M. Stirling said...

Good to see you back!