Wednesday 15 January 2020

Moving Forward

I have been delving into Poul Anderson's Technic History because I have been housebound for a few days but that will change this weekend with, presumably, recovery from this illness coinciding with arrivals and last-minute preparations for a funeral on Monday.

Meanwhile, Poul Anderson fans, if you are not too preoccupied with other concerns, read or reread Baen Books' The Technic Civilization Saga. Research periods, planets, persons, peoples, Vachs, choths, technology, galactography and the author's narrative skills.

I will continue to blog but, for a while, not as frequently as recently.

Glory to the Emperor.
Fair winds forever.
High is heaven and holy.

2 comments:

Sean M. Brooks said...

Kaor, Paul!

Aside from rereading the passages I needed to quote for my Tricks With Cards and Dice" article, the SF I had been lately reading was a collection of alternate history stories edited by Harry Turtledove and Julian May's METACONCERT: Book Two of INTERVENTION. I've had to depend largely on my memory for commenting on the works of Anderson here.

I assume it's Ketlan's funeral which will be held on Monday. Again, my condolences!

Glory to the Emperor!
Fair winds forever!
High is heaven and holy!

And a Merseian might add: Hunt well!

Ad astra! Sean

paulshackley2017@gmail.com said...

Sean,
Ketlan.
Paul.