Wednesday 30 May 2018

Two Observations

Two early observations on The Council Of Shadows:

there is a powerful, effective and horrific "she wasn't really dead; she only looked it" scenario;

all this drinking of blood really turns me off - I read the novel despite that aspect of the characters and their activities, not because of it.

I am interested in learning how the Shadowspawn control the world and in seeing them overthrown, the sooner the better. There are other details that might be developed further, like how they go "postcorporeal" or "Carry" other minds within theirs, also how "the Power" works.

I will read to the end of the Trilogy but it might be a series that I reread less. Stirling is the master of pure evil villains.

1 comment:

Sean M. Brooks said...

Kaor, Paul!

The blood drinking of the Shadowspawn is repellent, I agree. But what interested me about that was how Stirling showed how these creatures
"benefited" from consuming blood. I think the third volume, SHADOWS OF FALLING NIGHT, may wipe away some of that revulsion you felt.

I think some thought should be given to how Adrian Breze's heroic control of HIS desire for living blood, to NOT prey on others.

Yes, Stirling is a master of almost purely evil villains. One think of Gwen Ingolfsson, Count Ignatieff, William Walker, and now Adrienne Breze.

Sean