Monday 14 May 2018

The Mysteries Of Memory And Meditation

Today, I gardened, blogged and meditated. While gardening, I mentally drafted a blog post, Time Patrollers II. While writing the post, I forgot a sentence that I had planned to include in it. While meditating, I remembered that sentence. (In zazen, random thoughts arise but we let go of them.) Why does memory work like that? I wish I knew.

The forgotten sentence was:

"Whereas Denison had gained his Ph.D. in archaeology before going to Korea, Sandoval went through college afterwards on the GI bill."

(I found lots of neat images for the GI bill. See here.)

This would have led into what different sorts the Patrollers are.

The blog is always what I remembered to write at the time. It is a permanent work in progress.

5 comments:

Sean M. Brooks said...

Kaor, Paul!

I suspect, if you were recruited into the Time Patrol, you would be more like Herr Professor Ganz! Not all Patrol members did field work, after all.

Sean

paulshackley2017@gmail.com said...

Sean,
And, in the Solar Commonwealth, I would be an academic or in public employment, not one of van Rijn's adventurers.
Paul.

Sean M. Brooks said...

Kaor, Paul!

And if you lived during the era of the Terran Empire, you might have been one of scholars who did work for the Naval Intelligence Corps?

Sean

paulshackley2017@gmail.com said...

Sean,
I might prefer to be in a University, a bit independent of direct Imperial machinations.
Paul.

Sean M. Brooks said...

Kaor, Paul!

Well, there was John Ridenour, an academic himself, who did not think it objectionable to work for the Empire in ENSIGN FLANDRY and "Outpost of Empire."

Sean