Wednesday 20 April 2016

A Possible Future

I might:

reread the Time Patrol series and the Technic History;
continue to post about them;
avoid repeating remarks that I remember making earlier.

Of course, I have forgotten much. There is certainly repetition, e.g., see here. However, I am confident that more can be found in the texts. One pleasure of rereading Anderson's works is to pause on the descriptive details, which can be encountered as if for the first time, but I have already said this more than once.

The opening story, "The Saturn Game," is packed with information about exploration of the Solar System, most of it quickly forgotten. I will probably search the blog and reread earlier posts but I expect to find that they are far from comprehensive.

Meanwhile, I have yet to finish reading Prince Of Sparta by Jerry Pournelle and SM Stirling. I have become interested in the fates of the principal characters even if not in all the details of a military campaign. Beyond such details are issues about society and humanity that are common to Anderson's future histories.

1 comment:

Sean M. Brooks said...

Kaor, Paul!

I don't mind repetition! I'm enough of an Anderson fan that I enjoy that.

Sean