Monday 25 May 2015

Moving On

The page view count has been high during the week when Sean M Brooks' "The Three Phases Of Poul Anderson's Career" remained at the top of the blog. (I hope that no blog readers missed my shorter posts being published beneath it.) Now that "The Three Phases..." has begun to move down this blog, it has been copied to the Poul Anderson: Contributor Articles blog. See here. Other blog readers are invited to email articles on Poul Anderson's works to paulshackley2017@gmail.com.

The primitive centers of the brain are "...gustatory, splanchnic, olfactory..." (Starfarers, p. 396). Googling reveals that "splanchnic," unlike the other two centers listed, is not sensorial. The brain handles conscious mental processes, unconscious mental processes and unconscious biological processes. We really do not know what happens inside us.

Anderson refers to "...the value of e..." (ibid.) I checked this and it is not what I thought it was.

We have two British Bank Holiday Mondays, thus extended weekends, in May. Today, although still sneezing, I will join my family at the annual charity car boot sale in Lancaster Ryelands Park (see image).

Signing off till later.

Later: Ryelands Car Boot, as ever, was heaving, despite the impression generated by the one image that I found for it.

1 comment:

Sean M. Brooks said...

Kaor, Paul!

Back from my short trip to Las Vegas. I had a good but exhausting time with my brother, his wife, and my nephew.

Thanks for the nice mention of me and for copying my "Three Phases" article to the
"Poul Anderson: Contributor Articles" section of your blog. I certainly hope other readers will volunteer their own thoughts and essays!

And I hope you quickly get over your latest cold!

Sean