Sunday 17 May 2015

Hello, Everyone

Sometimes the page view counts amaze me:

it definitely increases when I am posting, although I am not quite sure how that works;

yesterday, when I started posting again after a week away, there were 175 page views;

today so far since 1.00 AM, in just over seven hours, there have been 247 and I have adjusted that figure several times while posting - it was 220 the first time I looked.

Where do all these page viewers come from? I realize that the count will slow down. Americans sleep at a different time than us! Posting about Poul Anderson's works is as easy as falling off a log. The quantity and content of his works mean that it is always possible to reread and find something new - or occasionally to find something that I have posted about before but have forgotten. But right now I need some breakfast.

3 comments:

Sean M. Brooks said...

Kaor, Paul!

And I wish more visitors to your blog would leave comments in the combox! I would like to know a bit more about them and what their views of Poul Anderson, or any other SF writer.

I have even sometimes whimsically wondered if her Majesty herself might have sometimes dropped by your blog! Even tho I realize that would be dependent on her also reading SF and I know the Queen would feel the need to be discreet.

Sean

Paul Shackley said...

Sean,
If I met the Queen, she would politely ask me, "What are you doing now?" even though she didn't know what I was doing before!
Paul.

Sean M. Brooks said...

Kaor, Paul!

I'm not so sure the Queen would not know anything about you should you two ever meet. I have read of how COMPETENT political leaders take pains to learn at least a little about the people they meet or are likely to meet. Robert Heinlein gives us some examples of how that may be done in his novel DOUBLE STAR. Which also features a constitutional monarchy.

Sean