Saturday 16 May 2015

The Agenda

While visiting Ostend, Bruges, Antwerp and Ghent (see image), I read very little and it was all China Mieville. I did not want to read any work by Poul Anderson without being able to post about it immediately. However, I did draft some posts to be published on the Religion and Philosophy blog (Later: see here and here) and the Science Fiction blog (Later: see here and here).

The current agenda for Poul Anderson Appreciation remains to continue rereading and posting about Starfarers. Recent posts have demonstrated that this might take us anywhere because a single word or phrase can prompt cross-references to writers as diverse as WB Yeats, Lewis Carroll or Fred Hoyle. But, since it is now the middle of the night, there will be nothing further for at least a few hours.

2 comments:

Sean M. Brooks said...

Kaor, Paul!

Welcome back from your trip to Belgium! I hope you had a good time. And I've sent you my article about the three phases of Poul Anderson's career as a writer.

Sean

Paul Shackley said...

Sean,
We were in Ghent on the Feast of the Ascension. The city center by the canal was full of people and food stalls.
Paul.