Saturday, 10 October 2026

Other Reading Update

Each of us that reads Poul Anderson also reads other authors and each of us reads different authors. Thus, each of us appreciates Anderson in a different literary context. Am I alone in comparing Anderson to both Neil Gaiman and Stieg Larsson? - between whom there is no direct comparison. Will I reread Heinlein's The Door Into Summer in order to compare it to Andersonian time travel or will I no longer find Heinlein's text interesting?

I reread Larsson's Millennium Trilogy the way many others reread Tolkien's Lord Of The Rings Trilogy. My granddaughter buys me Alan Moore's prose fiction. I am quite unexpectedly finding Anderson's collections worth rereading. That is about it right now. Life contains several activities other than reading, of course.

Lancaster Music Festival update: local people marched through Market Square singing, the Community Choir; when musicians performed in a covered shopping precinct, the public danced spontaneously - the musicians thanked their audience for the dancing; walking past shops that are open for business, we hear live music from inside, including a band in a shop window.

No comments: