Monday 18 September 2017

Something Banning Says

Too Many Fight Scenes
More Fight Scenes En Route To Jupiter
Continuing "Brake"
The Politics Behind All The Fighting
Back To The Fighting
The End Of The Fighting

These six posts are my attempt to make sense of an interminable fight sequence in Poul Anderson's "Brake." In spite of this summary, I still do not understand why Banning says on p. 252 that Gomez might try to break out Vladimirovitch. Surely the latter is one of the men with Banning? 

1 comment:

Sean M. Brooks said...

Kaor, Paul!

Been skimming thru some of the links above and I noticed how I suggested in one of them that "Brake" was still a relatively early story by PA. Anderson was still learning how to write effectively in his early phase, including when, how, and where to best place fight scenes. I do think you are right to say "Brake" has too many of those to be plausible.

Sean