Tuesday 28 February 2017

Recent Posts

OK. Dig the range of writers that have been discussed or at least mentioned in blog posts since returning from holiday:

JRR Tolkien
CS Lewis
James Blish
Poul Anderson
SM Stirling
James Elroy Flecker
Neil Gaiman
David Drake
HG Wells
Philip K Dick
Len Deighton
Karen Anderson
Peter Frankopan
ER Burroughs (through a reference to Tarzan)
Olaf Stapledon
Rudyard Kipling
Edgar Allan Poe
Arthur Conan Doyle
Robert Heinlein
Agatha Christie (through a reference to Poirot)
other successors of Heinlein (not specified but we know who they are)
Anon
Mark Twain
L Sprague de Camp
Harry Harrison
Tim Powers
Audrey Niffeneger
Ward Moore
Alan Moore (on another blog)

As usual when I compile such a list, it turns out to be considerably longer than I had expected. It is my privilige to live at a time when, sitting at home, I am able to address a world-wide audience about all these authors.

1 comment:

Sean M. Brooks said...

Kaor, Paul!

I recently mentioned some writers not on this list: Margery Allingham, John Dickson Carr, GK Chesterton, Dorothy L. Sayers, Rex Stout, and Robert van Gulik, as part of the discussion of the mystery genre. I'm pretty sure you have read some of Chesterton's works, but I don't know if you read any of the others books. I'm rather fond of Carr's COMIC mysteries!

I've tried to find your new email address, but failed. I'm probably looking in all the wrong places. Could you send me an email to "Seanmbrook@aol.com"?

Seam