Sunday 1 November 2015

The Other Blog About A Single SF Writer

While rereading and editing James Blish Appreciation, I have come across a few posts on that blog that either refer to Poul Anderson or compare Blish with Anderson. Recently:

Memory And Patience
Sequel, Serial, Series

I then searched on James Blish Appreciation for "Poul Anderson" with results to be found here.

The James Blish blog has fewer posts only because of Blish's considerably smaller output. However, I strongly recommend the works of each author to fans of the other. There is in fact more to be said about Blish, who is by no means an easy writer, but I have been taking the easier course of rereading the many works of Poul Anderson and, more recently, reading for the first time the novels of SM Stirling whose third Draka volume should arrive this week.

1 comment:

Sean M. Brooks said...

Kaor, Paul!

Dang! You have reminded me I really need to reread some of the Blish books I have. Such as either his "Cities in Flight" books or the "After Such Knowledge" novels. I think it should be the "Cities" books.

Sean