Wednesday 1 April 2015

Manipulation Of History

I asked here: in which three stories by Poul Anderson do aliens among us manipulate Terrestrial history for good or ill? The stories that I had in mind were:

"No Truce With Kings"
"Details"
"Interloper"

Sean M Brooks suggested:

The War Of Two Worlds
"No Truce With Kings"
The Avatar
"Peek! I See You!"

I agree with the inclusion of The War Of Two Worlds.

However:

in The Avatar, do the aliens merely observe?;
 
 in "Peek! I See You!," do the aliens merely trade with one isolated community without intervening elsewhere?

1 comment:

Sean M. Brooks said...

Kaor, Paul!

Darn! You're right, "Details" and "Interloper" are better choices of stories by Poul Anderson showing us aliens secretly intervening in Terrestrial civilization. Better than my suggestions "Peek! I See You!" and THE AVATAR. I'm exasperated at how I forgot about "Details" and "Interloper."

All the same, however minimally, even reluctantly, aliens do intervene in the isolated human community they contacted in "Peek."

Sean