Friday 27 July 2018

A Full Lunar Eclipse And Holothetes

Very soon some of us will drive to view a full lunar eclipse so I cannot spend very long here.

I think I am getting it (Poul Anderson, The Avatar, XXIII) but only by very careful rereading and blogging. Joelle will intervene in a genetics experiment but will merely observe inside an accelerator and through a telescope. But, tomorrow, I will continue to reread to make sure.

We are half way through the novel and have not yet started the cosmic Jumps which I think are the main glory of The Avatar.

3 comments:

Sean M. Brooks said...

Kaor, Paul!

Telescope? Don't you mean Joelle used an advanced microscope?

Sean

paulshackley2017@gmail.com said...

Sean,
I meant the Sagan Orbital.
Paul.

Sean M. Brooks said...

Kaor, Paul!

That clarifies your point.

Sean