Tuesday 14 May 2013

Collections

Time And Stars
Kinship With The Stars
The Dark Between The Stars
Dialogue With Darkness
Alight In The Void
Space Folk
Strangers From Earth
Homeward And Beyond
Beyond The Beyond
The Gods Laughed
Explorations
Conflict
The Book Of Poul Anderson
All One Universe

These are non-series Poul Anderson collections with some overlap both of contents and of title themes taken from a shelf upstairs at home. I have tried to list the titles in some sort of conceptual sequence. I would not have known that I had so many. When a correspondent recently referenced three short stories, I found to my surprise that I had all three somewhere in these collections - but I still do not have "The Martian Crown Jewels."

Explorations begins with "The Saturn Game" and ends with "Starfog," the opening and concluding stories of Anderson's main future history series, but there is no obvious connection between them here, except that both are stories of space exploration.

I am starting to count the stories before subtracting for duplications.

1 comment:

Sean M. Brooks said...

Hi, Paul!

I checked, and "The Martian Crown Jewels" was most recently reprinted in the collection titled CALL ME JOE (NESFA Press, 2009). I first read that affectionate pastiche of the Sherlock Holmes stories in Anthony Boucher's classic two volume anthology A TREASURY OF GREAT SCIENCE FICTION.

Sean