Saturday 11 March 2017

Ideas Sparking Off Each Other

I surpass and surprise myself - well, I don't really but my subject matter does:

when I started to list philosophical issues in Poul Anderson's works, I did not expect such a long list;

when I asked here whether the Technic History and the Time Patrol could coexist in the multiverse, I did not expect to find a neat piece of evidence involving van Rijn and Holmes;

when I identified two directions for futuristic sf, I did not expect one collection, Maurai And Kith, to exemplify both;

when I listed references to "Starkad," I did not expect the list to form an impressive sequence;

when I thought about money, I did not expect to find a neat example of van Rijn continuing to enrich himself by a small price increase;

when I contemplated "England," I did not expect to find so many apposite quotations.

I never know what is coming next on the blog.

1 comment:

Sean M. Brooks said...

Kaor, Paul!

And since I do believe the after life is real, I hope the shade of Poul Anderson takes a kindly interest in this blog!

Sean