Saturday 25 March 2017

Two Ravens

Busy today but let's make some notes over breakfast:

"A pair of ravens flew up from the gravestone, probably attracted by the offerings of milk and bread that some left there..."
-SM Stirling, A Meeting At Corvallis (New York, 2007), Chapter Three, p. 73.

We know Who two ravens represent.

There is a good list of farmyard sounds and smells on p. 71.

The Wiccan High Priestess said:

"'When the student is ready, the teacher appears." (p. 64)

I first read that phrase in a book on Buddhism. This kind of interplay between traditions is healthy.

Laters.

2 comments:

Sean M. Brooks said...

Kaor, Paul!

I know which pagan god is symbolized by the ravens! (Smiles)

Sean

David Birr said...

Paul:
I'm almost certain I've ALSO seen a reverse mode of the teacher-student line SOMEWHERE, and not just as a wisecrack. I spent a while yesterday looking through books of Steve Perry's *Matador* series, because there was an interaction in that series I thought might likely have produced the line. If it was there, though, I missed it.