Sunday 15 January 2017

What Happened Last Night

For the first time, I publish an image of Blades St, Lancaster. No 44, where we live, is on the left hand side as we view the street but just off the picture. Half the residents are Asian families. This might be noticeable in the picture. Lancaster Castle is sometimes visible in the distance although not in this photo. Last night, a women's blues group occupied our ground floor until 3.00 AM while I, lurking upstairs, meditated, texted, read, watched dvds and blogged although I eventually joined the musicians for food and conversation. This is why there were quite a few posts about Poul Anderson's Tales Of The Flying Mountains. I have got well embedded in this volume and am not much more than half way through Alan Moore's Jerusalem, which is discussed on the Personal and Literary Reflections blog.

Addendum: Sheila says that I have exaggerated the number of Asian families but they USED to be about half.

2 comments:

Sean M. Brooks said...

Kaor, Paul!

Very interesting, to see an image of the street in Lancaster where you live. Nice looking, really. And there are some parts of my hometown with a similar layout.

You have my snail mail addy, so you could find my house and street using programs searching for addresses. I would not mind in the least if you did!

Sean

paulshackley2017@gmail.com said...

Nygel comments that this picture is a bit out of date, maybe 1970s.