Monday 2 October 2017

Full Of Days; Stars

See:

"A Note on Anderson's Use of the Bible" by Sean M. Brooks here;
Biblical Images;
"More Lasting Than Bronze" here;
The Peregrine II;
"One More Biblical Quotation" here.

I link to these Biblical references because I have just found another one, very understated:

"...his body died, old and full of days..."
-Genesis, Part Two, V, 2, p. 153. (See here.)

Lastly (for tonight), I should have remembered here that Genesis also ends with the word "stars." (p. 248)

1 comment:

Sean M. Brooks said...

Kaor, Paul!

Aw, shucks, I completely missed that quote from Genesis 25 about the death of Abraham while searching thru the works of Anderson for Biblical quotes!

And the way Anderson used "stars" to end GENESIS reminded me of how Dante ended all three parts of his DIVINE COMEDY with "stars." Was this accidental or an allusion to Dante?

Sean