Wednesday 18 March 2015

"The road goes ever on..."

What is next to read that is relevant? Quite a lot.

(i) I have yet to finish rereading Fire Time by Poul Anderson.

(ii) In SM Stirling's Conquistador, Alexander the Great's empire endures for longer than it did in our timeline. Thus, this novel connects with works by Poul Anderson and by Greg Bear that have already been discussed on the blog.

(iii) I am told that Poul Anderson cameos in Stirling's In The Court Of The Crimson Kings but that first I must read the prequel, The Sky People! Also, that both these works display Andersonian influence.

So, if you are still with me, then we are here for the long haul.

1 comment:

Sean M. Brooks said...

Hi, Paul!

I am here, at least for the foreseable future! (Smiles)

And I'll be very interested in what you make of the three Stirling books I suggested to you.

Sean