Tuesday 17 June 2014

The Captain Flandry Series

Poul Anderson's Dominic Flandry series begins with the Young Flandry Trilogy and ends with (what I call) the Children of Empire Trilogy. Between the two trilogies, there are:

two non-Flandry works, a short story and a novel;
the Captain Flandry series, seven works of different lengths, including two short novels.

I am currently rereading parts of the Captain Flandry series. Since "A Message in Secret" is set on Altai, I have begun adding notes about this fictitious planet to the Poul Anderson's Cosmic Environments blog, here.

Posting more on either blog will be delayed by activities in our timeline:

driving to Blackpool tomorrow morning to liaise with delegates to the Pensioners' Parliament;
walking to and from a sports center to use the gym or swimming pool;
preparing for a social gathering here this Friday evening.

Meanwhile, if not on line, I will be rereading Poul Anderson in my spare time. 

No comments: